I'm retired now, where will my next adventure take me?

My photo
Kailua, Hawaii, United States
Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to travel. I've recently retired from working in education and now I hope to be able to travel a whole lot more. I plan everything myself for my trips and things usually work out. Sometimes not everything goes as planned though!

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

A very long trip to Ibiza...

I was up at 4 am to be at the airport for my 7 am flight. The flight to LAX was fine, then caught the next flight to London. That flight was a killer! I can usually  sleep,  but not so much this time. The nearly 11 hours felt like a 100...finally made it to Heathrow with plenty of time to catch my next flight to Barcelona.  That was only two hours...but in Barcelona I discovered that my next flight was delayed, not what you want to hear when you're exhausted.

Thank God for Spanish coffee...threw back a double espresso and voila, I had a burst of energy. I ran in to use the restroom, which was a disgusting experience...use your imagination,  it was that bad. As I came out I noticed people were angrily smacking buttons on a machine...after a closer look I gave the red button a good smack too!

My flight to Ibiza ran about an hour late, so I was worried that my shuttle wouldn't be around to get me. Sure enough, when I asked someone where the office was, they pointed to a closed window and said they were gone. I saw another window was open, so I asked that guy...he wondered if I had looked at their door...I hadn't...look at the pic, how did I miss that? Lol... all was good.

When I stepped out of the shuttle at the hotel the two guys at the front both said "Welcome, Mr. Thomas". I wondered how they knew that! Turned out I was the last check in...they were out front waiting for me  to arrive! But everyone in Ibiza has been really friendly, even the puppy who serves as mascot at the pub I hit as soon as I threw my bags in the room! Spanish beer is pretty good...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The long flights are ALWAYS painful but glad that the worst part was over for you. Now let the adventure begin! It's Qi. And I left the first comment. My gmail account isn't working correctly to leave a message so I went anonymous.