I'm retired now, where will my next adventure take me?

My photo
Kailua, Hawaii, United States
Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to travel. I've recently retired from working in education and now I hope to be able to travel a whole lot more. I plan everything myself for my trips and things usually work out. Sometimes not everything goes as planned though!

Sunday, September 2, 2018

A Month in Spain!

I'm about to depart on my biggest trip ever.  I leave tomorrow morning at 7 AM for my flight to Los Angeles (5.5 hours), then a flight from LAX to London (10.5 hours), then a flight from London to Barcelona (2 hours) and finally a flight to Ibiza Island (1 hour).  From there I start my month-long adventure!  After spending a couple of days on Ibiza, I fly back to Barcelona, pick up a campervan and drive to the south of France for a couple of days.  Then the real fun starts, 3 weeks traveling the Mediterranean coast of Spain from north to south.  It all ends with a couple of days in Madrid before I return home to Hawaii.

This is definitely the longest trip I've ever taken and certainly the most adventurous.  I can hardly believe that I'm fortunate enough to be able to do this.  I'm doing it solo since Tim can't take off for a month.  This trip was actually his idea, he thought since I've retired I should take the time to really travel and do some things out of the ordinary. This might qualify!  I'll try to spend some time telling you about my adventures and posting pics...wish me luck!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are packing light! Jack looks like he is ready to go.

Rick Thomas said...

It helps if I know who left the comment...lol