I'm retired now, where will my next adventure take me?

My photo
Kailua, Hawaii, United States
Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to travel. I've recently retired from working in education and now I hope to be able to travel a whole lot more. I plan everything myself for my trips and things usually work out. Sometimes not everything goes as planned though!

Friday, July 4, 2008

Palomarin Trail to Alamere Falls: YES, Waterfalls!

Tim and I really enjoyed this hike, it had a lot of variety and included the waterfalls, which always makes us happy. There were quite a few new plants for me to photograph, but the real stars on this hike were water features. We passed several small ponds which were very pretty and then went by Bass Lake. It was beautiful, but we couldn't believe people were actually swimming in it. The temperature is supposed to be about 58 degrees...BRRRR! Also went past Pelican Lake and then eventually came to Alamere Falls, which end up flowing right over a cliff and into the ocean. Very nice falls, way better than we had even hoped for. This was about an 8 mile hike, it was a great way to spend the 4th of July!









































169/1




No comments: