I'm retired now, where will my next adventure take me?

My photo
Kailua, Hawaii, United States
Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to travel. I've recently retired from working in education and now I hope to be able to travel a whole lot more. I plan everything myself for my trips and things usually work out. Sometimes not everything goes as planned though!

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Beach Day...Art at Night

I took a bus to one of my favorite Sydney beaches  Little Congwong at La Perouse. It was partly sunny but the temperature was great and the beach as pretty as ever. My lizard friends were in attendance and we all ignored each other for the afternoon. There were a few passing rain showers, but they would quickly dissipate and sun would return.

For the evening, I made my usual pilgrimage to the Art Gallery of New South Wales  which has Art at Night every Wednesday. This time I got see a really good collection of modern art from the Hermitage Museum at the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia. Tim and were at the Hermitage a few years ago  but hadn't seen this part of the collection. It was even better than I had expected and I really enjoyed it!
Little Congwong beach






Who is this cute guy?

St. Mary's Cathedral

 ART! How many artists can you identify?









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice collection of arts.

Laura Rogers said...

I could use a beach day! Enjoy! It is 9 degrees with below zero wind chills here. Schools are closed everywhere due to the temps ( child safety )and/ or road conditions. I am dreaming about flying away to a remote island until winter is over!