I'm retired now, where will my next adventure take me?

My photo
Kailua, Hawaii, United States
Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to travel. I've recently retired from working in education and now I hope to be able to travel a whole lot more. I plan everything myself for my trips and things usually work out. Sometimes not everything goes as planned though!

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Old Blog....New Purpose

Someone suggested that I start a travel blog (Cheryl? Dale?) so I decided to give it a try. I found a website that hosts blogs and signed up for the "Beginners" blog.  I spent hours and hours putting together a website I thought would work.  Apparently I'm not a "Beginner" yet.  After I had everything "done", I was really proud of myself.  Then I published it and none of the picture links worked, nothing was really where I wanted it.  I spent more hours trying to fix it and finally gave up being a "Beginner".

About then is when I remembered that I already had a blog!  I started it over 10 years ago to document my hiking, but had almost forgot it existed.  Then I wondered if Google had long-since dumped it since I hadn't posted in a decade.  I ran a search on Google, and there it was!  I think this is another example that shows nothing ever disappears from the internet.  Then I realized I didn't even remember how to log-in to the old account.  Again, Google came to the rescue with help on getting back into my old blog.  What would we do without Google?

Once I was back into the blog, I realized it might be just a little out of date!  I changed some things to reflect current events and had to update the pictures on the front page.  Apparently I've aged a bit in the last decade.  I then pondered whether to take out all of the old posts and just start fresh.  I decided to leave them, mostly because it was easier.  I also think the pics will remind us all of the "ravages of time"...just on me of course, I'm sure the rest of you look the same as you did a decade ago.

Stay tuned for further adventures!  




No comments: