I'm retired now, where will my next adventure take me?

My photo
Kailua, Hawaii, United States
Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to travel. I've recently retired from working in education and now I hope to be able to travel a whole lot more. I plan everything myself for my trips and things usually work out. Sometimes not everything goes as planned though!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Kilauea Volcano + Kona Winds = VOG

The Kilauea Volcano on the Big Island has been active for years, but right now there is smoke and ash coming from the caldera at the top, which hasn't happened in 80 years. Its been flowing down the hill a lot more also, and has made it to the Kalapana area. That is much closer to where we went to the store and from where we saw the lava last year. When the winds turn around and come from the southeast, it not only gets more humid here, but we get the smoke from Kilauea Volcano. For those of you who have been to our house, you may recognise the view from our house. Or maybe not with all the smoke...






No comments: