I'm retired now, where will my next adventure take me?

My photo
Kailua, Hawaii, United States
Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to travel. I've recently retired from working in education and now I hope to be able to travel a whole lot more. I plan everything myself for my trips and things usually work out. Sometimes not everything goes as planned though!

Monday, November 4, 2019

Road Trip Down Under

Well, here I am again..in Sydney! Fear not, I won't bore you with too much of Sydney this time, I'm  only here until tomorrow morning.  I arrived yesterday afternoon after a nice 10.5 hour plane ride. Really  it was good! I watched Netflix downloads,  napped and was surprised how pleasant it was. I seem to be getting used to the long flights. I've had plemty of practice lately.

It was raining when I arrived, and got caught out in a downpour last night without my umbrella. But...even though I had a half mile or so to get to my hotel, I didn't even get wet...how, you wonder? I took the not so fast route and managed to only go down streets with overhanging canopies!  Speaking of weather, how do weather forecasters even pretend they know what they are doing? This morning the weather report said rain all day, though you could clearly look out the window and see a beautiful sunny day!

Beach day today, and I took the ferry past the Opera House and through Sydney Harbor...it's just so nice here! Wish I could live here... Tomorrow I start my road trip...stay tuned!
Ready to leave Honolulu

The weather outside...

The weather inside!

Love this old department store...

Outside Museum Station

Inside Museum station!

Customs House


Sydney and Opera House

Watsons Bay

Lady Bay beach


Sitting on the dock of the bay!

Sydney's new light rail...we should be so lucky in Honolulu...

Sydney Harbor

Old German church and goldsmith's shop 

McDonald's!





No comments: